Re: JAWS not reading when it is suppose to

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 10:22:55 -0500

It is entirely possible that you visited a page that has taken over and has
become your default start page. There is a practice out there on the net
now called browser highjacking, which as explained above, changes your
default start page to that one. Depending on what it is, it can be very
easy to change it back, or quite hard which may result in you having to
make modifications to your registry if changing it back does not
stick.  have a look at
http://www.spywareinfo.com for more on this.
Honestly, i don't think it is much of a problem. since you are using JAWS
5.00.621, why not upgrade to JAWS 5.00.844?  The update fixes some things
and is a lot more stable. and we want stability in a screenreader of
course. Plus, it is free.