JAWS not reading typed information

  • From: "Carmichael Kimberly J - CS" <Kimberly.J.Carmichael@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 09:26:25 -0400

Hello

A friend is having trouble with JAWS not reading many things on her
computer.  She is using V7.1, has uninstalled and reinstalled, run the
video manager, checked resolution, and spoken with FS concerning the
problem. Her description of the problem is below.  Can anybody make a
suggestion of something else to try?

JAWS won't read text or anything about e-mail messages, though it may
work briefly after reloading.

I can only read Word documents going back over a letter or word at a
time. Otherwise, it just says blank.

I can sometimes read lists, such as in My documents, but not always.

I can read everything on websites, just not anything I type in.

Kim Carmichael
<mailto: kimberly.j.carmichael@xxxxxxx>
Phone:  678-530-6541