JAWS needs to work with larger displays

  • From: <ptusing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 00:11:13 -0500

Hi,
I was  helping a very close  friend who has a  new computer and is elderly.
I found  out the  hard  way that enlarging the entire display  15%-
20%--making   icons and fonts and everything bigger defeats the usability of
JAWS.
That  may be fine now, but with the aging  of the population, wouldn't  one
think that JAWS might also work with slightly enlarged displays?
Such  larger displays  are not  equivalent to  or substitutes for   screen
enlarging  programs--protecting such programs.  Older  people using bigger
displays and JAWS  users should be able to use the same computer so each can
help another.
I would  like to help my  neighbor obviously and hope some who might  agree
might make this  known to F S.  Bruce's comments in the "original message"
helped crystalize  these thoughts.