JAWS for DOS and NTFS file access?

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 11:02:37 -0500

Hello listers,

I used a DOS boot disk which includes JAWS for DOS to boot up my new Pc,
which is a Windows XP Pro system. But when I attempted to change directory
to access some text files, DOS informed me that it couldn't find the
specified directory.

I did a dir on the root of my C: hard drive, and was surprised to see that
very little was listed. The only directory shown was from a partition of the
hard drive which is using FAT32.

I recall reading something about how DOS could not access files stored in
the NTFS format used by Windows XP. Is this the problem? Is there any way to
get a DOS boot disk and JAWS for DOS to access files on an NTFS system?

Alan