Re: JAWS crashing?

  • From: Robert J Smith <rsmith247@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 09:35:07 -0400

Hi all.  Occasionally, my JAWS will appear to totally stop speaking and
freeze.  I use Eloquence.  I have found however, that if I wait 15 to 20
seconds, it will start talking again and I can go on from there.  Also,
when I am in some applications like if I open Excel when I am already on
the web through Internet Explorer, JAWS will sometimes quit speaking. What
I do in that instance if it doesn't come back on in 15 or 20 seconds is
first hit alt-F4 and it will start talking again.  After that, I kick it
out of memmory and reload it again then try the spreadsheet again and
after the reload, JAWS will keep talking.  It's kind of involved but it
works for me.

Bob S

written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail for such purpose.