JAWS and websites

  • From: Diane Bergeron <diane-bergeron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: JAWS List <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 19:57:54 -0600

Hi all,

I often have people asking me what I think of how their website is set up to
be read by my screen reader.  I am not an advanced user by any means, and
that is why they ask me so they know what the average user would find when
going to their site.  I would like to have more information to give to
people when they ask me for this help to give them a jumping off point.
Does anyone have a 2 or 3 pager that has basic website design for screen
readers info?  Also, I am chatting with an animal rescue organization, and
they asked me if I knew of anyone that could talk to their web designer to
help them fix their site issues.  As I said, I'm not the most techy person,
so if there is anyone on this list that is willing to talk with them, please
let me know.

Thanks,

Diane