Re: JAWS and the Slow Spell-Check in MS-Office

  • From: <angel238@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 07:42:14 -0400

I still use my manual typewriter for writing checks.  I was pleased to have one
from Germany with the various accent marks on it.  The friend about whom I
wrote earlier is looking for manual typewriters to send or to take himself to
Nigeria.  Power there is sometimes sporadic; and there those typewriters would
be most appreciated.  I would give to him the one I have.  But, I use it all
the time myself.  So, should any have any working manual typewriters around
feel free to write.  I write with a Fisher "Space Pen" now.  But, there was a
time I would have given anything to know how to write with a fountain pen
without smearing the ink.  Being blind, I write within the cells of my Braille
slate.  So if you can tell me how to write with one of those fountain pens in
those cells without smearing the ink I would be grateful.  Though I probably
wouldn't want to give up the "space pen".  I would be just curious to know.  I
recommend this pen to all.  It writes under all circumstances.  It will last at
least three times longer than most pens; and its refills last unused up to 100
years.  When I assumed I had lost my refill I looked on the net for one to find
my favorite color was no longer on the net, and the price of the pen had risen
7 dollars.  So, I would advise getting one now rather than later.