JAWS and the Slow Spell-Check in MS-Office

  • From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 08:31:36 -0700

Yes, I think that the amount of additional processing to cope with the layering
of object models during the spell-check is a real challenge for JAWS, and it
seems that no one at FS is able to find a way to make the process faster or
more robust. It's a shame, since spell-checking is something I do with every
E-Mail message and Word document I produce.

BTW the spell-check in Outlook Express is fast and efficient, so it appears to
be an issue with the MS-Office suite version.

Dave