Re: JAWS and a word

  • From: "dave-d0619" <dave-d0619@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 12:53:04 -0400

Hello there:

If you would like the words "resist", "resisted", "resisting", "resistive"
given more emphasis, by having JAWS speak the letters "r" and "e" as "re", Do
the following:

1.  Press INSERT/JAWS KEY+D to Open the JAWS Dictionary Manager.

2.  Press CTRL+SHIFT+D to load the Default dictionary  file.

3.  Press ENTER to open the "Add..." dialogue.

4.  In the Actual Word edit field, type "r e s i s t i v e", without the quotes
and the spaces between each letter.

5.  In the Replacement Word edit field, type "r e z i s t i v e", without the
quotes and the spaces between each letter.

6.  Press ENTER to close the dialog.

7.  Repeat the steps 3 to 6 to add "resist", "resisted", "resisting", to the
Default dictionary file.

8.  When you have finished adding entries to any Dictionary file, you must
press CTRL+S to save any changes, before using ALT+F4 to exit the JAWS
Dictionary Manager.

With the letter "z" replacing the first letter "s", JAWS should say the words
as: "rezist", "resisted", "rezisting", "rezistive".

HTH

Sincerely:

Dave Durber