JAWS and a Website Peculiarity

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawslite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:50:11 -0600 (CST)

Here's a problem I'm having with JAWS but not with Window-Eyes.

If I go to www.cjob.com, then hig control+home to get to the top of the page, then hit control+f for find, and type "sched" (without the quotes) to get to the schedule, I never wind up on the schedule or on anything else that has those letters in it. Where I wind up is usually different, there doesn't seem to be a pattern. If I then hit F3 to do the find again, I wind up on the schedule link, where I wanted to be. Can anyone duplicate this problem and/or offer an explanation? It's only one extra keystroke, so I'm not especially concerned, just mystified.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews