Re: JAWS and Windows Vista

  • From: Daniel Dalton <daniel.dalton47@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 16:35:47 +1000

I disagree. Vista and jaws still has lots of bugs from what I can tell.

I am considering down grading as well.

--
Daniel Dalton

Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi folks, especially Patricia,
As a user of Windows Vista Ultimate, I have to agree with Jim that it is preety accessible. I've also found that it is extremely fast (especially if you get a laptop with Intel Core II Duo CPU in it). There is a list out there called Blind Vista (located at Googlegroups) that discusses about everything that has to do with Vista, including Patricia's question about JAWS and Vista, issues that we've discussed for the past few months, and others which were discussed on other lists (especially on Blind Cool Tech and Blind Geek Zone lists). There are numerous tutorials on Windows Vista located at Blind Cool Tech website. It is called "A Guide to Windows Vista" and the author who've produced this did a wonderful job of providing information about JAWS and Vista. Rick Harmon's Blind Geek Zone site hosts his famous "Windows Vista First Looks" tutorials which goes beyond "A Guide to Windows Vista" detailing usage of Vista with JAWS to do, among other things, to burn a DVD and others. The "Guide" talks everything from installation of Windows Vista itself and JAWS to things like Media Center, Backup and Restore, IE7 and JAWS and so forth. I highly recommend these sites for more info about Vista and JAWS.
Any more Vista questions?
Cheers,
Joseph Lee P.S.  the author of "A Guide to Windows Vista" series.