RE: JAWS and Properties screens

  • From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 16:52:37 +0100

Jerry,

You're not doing anything wrong, there's just something you may not be
aware of. When you press NumPad minus, you switch focus to the JAWS
cursor, which is the mouse pointer. But movement of the JAWS cursor is
by default limited to the window it's in, and it sounds like it's not on
the Properties screen. To get it there, rather than just pressing NumPad
minus, try Insert + NumPad minus. That moves the JAWS cursor to the same
place as the PC cursor, and then you should find you can UpArrow and
DownArrow through the Properties screen.

Steve