RE: JAWS and Java Access Bridge

  • From: Mike Williams <bigforkMT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 14:14:55 -0700

Guy,

To quote from the Oracle Accessibility page, whose link follows, "If the Oracle
application is written in Java, customers must first install the latest version of Sun's
Java Accessibility Bridge. The Java Access Bridge provides the integration with screen
readers such as JAWS that also support Java. The Access Bridge is available from:
http://java.sun.com/products/accessbridge.";

How well JAWS will read Oracle forms, even with the bridge, will depend on a
lot of things, including Oracle version, bridge version, JAWS version and
whether the Oracle database was programmed to take advantage of the bridge
software. Scripting as a work around is also limited in Oracle/Java
applications.

Good luck, and please see: http://www.oracle.com/accessibility/faq.html for
more information.

Mike
------------------------------

From: Guy Barlow HR Workforce Information & Analysis Officer
Subject: JAWS and Java Access Bridge
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 16:15:51 -0000
Good Afternoon

Does anybody know what the JAVA Access Bridge software enables JAWS to do?
The reason for my asking is that in my employment, one of our databases is
an oracle based application, which is totally inaccessible to JAWS. A
colleague suggested investigating the JAVA Access Bridge but was unable to
provide any information about what it is. Any information  that you could
provide would be most appreciated.

Guy