JAWS and Home Networks

  • From: "Chris Toomer" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 19:56:08 -0400

Hi Folks,

I am trying to set up a wireless home network in my home and have run into a
JAWS issue that I hope someone can help me with.

While setting up an access filter to restrict who can access my network and
go out on the internet, I tried to click on a button that would allow me to
see the connected devices and me to allow or disallow the particular device.
When I try to hit the enter key on the connect button or the space bar,
nothing happens.

Does anyone know how I can get around the above issue with JAWS and not have
to rely on sighted assistance? I'm using a Linksys WCG 200. If there is a
better cable modem/router out there that works better with JAWS, I would
like to know about it. This modem/router was provider by my cable provider.

Thanks,
Chris