JAWS and Citrix

  • From: Edward Marquette <emarquette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 01:08:42 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

After lots of back and forth with Freedom Scientific, we finally have JFW and
Citrix working.
So far, it actually works pretty well (with one exception noted below), though
the installation is like picking one's way through a mine field.  Everything
must be followed precisely and in order.  For example, JFW has to be installed
AFTER the Citrix Neighborhood.  Actually, you merely have to "modify" the
installation, making all the same selections earlier made.  This step, however,
is not clearly set forth in the documentation.
So, that's a big BEWARE.
Now, only the automatic reading of highlighted text, such as menu choices and
subject lines in the Outlook Inbox, are not read.  I have to use the mouse.

I'm going to try the "Custom Highlight Assign" command to see if that helps.
I'm wondering, however, if anyone else has encountered a similar problem.