RE: JAWS Update Now Available

  • From: "Jim Grimsby Jr." <jimgrims@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 03:05:12 -0700

Yard bird lets make this easy for you.
You have jaws 8.  you buy a sma that gives you 2 upgrades 9 and 10 that is
it.  It matter not if you do not like nine and wait for ten.  You bought
nine and ten and that is what you get.  Period.  No if ands or buts.

From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:16:09 -0700

Rick,

I'm not disagreeing with you about being disappointed with Jaws in the way
you express. But I'm not sure what you're saying about the SMA. Now, I may
be wrong, but here's how I thought the SMA arrangement worked. I thought you
buy an SMA to entitle you to the next two full Jaws releases, and if you
choose not to download and install one or both of them, no credit rolls over
so you can wait for a later version to try. In other words, let's say you
have an SMA that is supposed to be good for version 9 and 10. I thought that
if you never install 9, for instance, then all you'll have left on the SMA
will be version 10, and so forth.

Now, if I'm wrong, and buying an SMA entitles the user to any two upgrades,
or something like that, please explain. I'm afraid I'm not expressing the
question quite right, but maybe someone can see what I'm asking. You and one
other person have spoken resentfully about how you feel you'll be wasting
your SMA credit for Version 9 if Jaws 8 is never perfected before 9 is
released. Please understand that I'm not arguing with you. I honestly don't
not what the two of you are saying.

thanks.