Re: JAWS Update Available

  • From: James Homuth <james@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:33:09 -0400

And, so far as I'm aware it's the same thing as downloading from the site directly. If that didn't override any changes to default files, I'm guessing is neither will the automatic updates. If in doubt, though, back it up.

James,
List Admin
At 03:30 PM 7/20/2006, you wrote:
Well, for starters, it's not an unseen update. You have to (a) check for updates, and (b) agree to the update before anything happens. The automatic part is that it doesn't require going to the FS Website. You're still very much in control of what and when you update.

Bruce

--
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he
gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12 NIV

Bruce Toews
Live Journal: http://coke_drinker.livejournal.com

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006, Jerry Neufeld wrote:

Hello Debbie and others.

Although it's good to know that we can now keep current with the latest fixes and updates in JFW, I have some qualms about what happens to those of us who extensively modify source code for default and other .JSS files. If automatic updates come in the form of patches that are unlikely to be seriously affected by scripts, I have no room for worry. Debbie, do you or does anyone else know what precisely we get when bringing in one of these unseen updates? Do they, as I suspect, include source code files?

Jerry

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Mitchell" <mitch44@xxxxxxxxx> To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 1:36 PM Subject: Re: JAWS Update Available

 Hi Debbie,  Thanks for the news.
 I have JAWS version 7.10.417 and doing the automatic update returned a
 message that said I had the latest version installed.
 This seems at odds with the additional fixes outlined as available July
 20.
 Did the message I got mean that these enhancements were automatically
 installed or was I supposed to get a different message?
 Thanks, Mitch
 ----- Original Message ----- From: "Debbie Scales"
 <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>