Re: JAWS & Skype Headset, another idea

  • From: "AB7HW Dick Lee Chrisman" <ab7hw@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 08:35:46 -0700

Hello Dana
Here is how I have my two sound cards operating and it does work fine. read it over and see what you think, I hope it can help!
Dick
To use two sound cards:

First plug in the second sound card and make sure speakers are plugged into the second sound card

Go to the control panel and choose sounds and audio

Go to the audio tab

On the audio tab the first drop down box is for soud playback

Choose the second sound card (Imic) and click ok

Now Jaws will play on the second set of speakers

Next you will need to change each program to use the main speakers (win amp ect)

For winamp:

Open winamp

Go to the file bar at the top and choose option

Next choose preferences

In preferences under plug-ins

Choose output

On the device tab choose the main sound card (SB audigy audio)

Then click ok

Next click close

Now winamp will play out of the main speakers

For windows media player:

Open windows media player

Choose tools from  the file menu

Go to the devices tab

Click on speakers

Next click on the properties button

Choose the main sound card from the drop down box (SB audigy audio)

Click ok then click ok again

Now windows media player will play out of the main speakers

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dana S. Leslie" <dsleslie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>