RE: JAWS Scripting

  • From: Mark DeGange <gn2004@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 08:55:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Jim, that was definitely helpful. I am no longer getting that error
message.

I am in the process now of learning the scripting language. The scripts I told
you about getting access to are not yet complete and I want to figure out how
to get this program working with JAWS. I have been looking over these scripts
as well as the "Basics of Scripting" manual. I don't understand how to use
functions involving different windows, such as "FindDescendantWindow" and
"GetApMainWindow". The manual doesn't even include these functions at all. I
also don't get what they mean in the manual by window handles and global
variables. I get what a variable and a constant are, but I don't know what they
mean by globals. Do you get how to use these functions and variables? Thanks.
Georgie
jim grimsby <jimgrims@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
tried installing these scripts into the c:\JAWS50\settings\enu\concord
folder
This install path is wrong. It should read as follows.
C:\jaws50\settings\enu
That is all.
and tried running these scripts in Concord. For every
script I got the same error message, "Unknown script call to. . ."
(Replace the dots with the script name).
If your scripts were created withan earlier version of jaws you might
need to recompile them.
To do this place them in the folder I outlined above. Then load your
program. Now press jawskey+0 this will open your script manager. With
the script for that program ready for editing. Now press control s.
close the script manager and you should be ready to go.
It seemed to recognize each script name, but then it did nothing. This
happened for every script. Could someone help me figure out what this
error message means?
Georgie
Hope this helps let us know.