Re: JAWS Pro vs. Standard

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 16:41:20 +0100

Might not be a bad idea. I use NVDA full time, but Window-Eyes is just as good. So is JAWS, but lately it has been crippled with lots of bugs, some that I've not necessarily experienced, but still, it's a shocker. Just my £0.02 worth.

Chris Hallsworth
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

On 05/05/2010 15:53, Tim wrote:
Yes. The standard version of JAWS only operates on the simplest versions
of each new Operating System. For example, the standard version of JAWS
8, which I am still using, will only run on Windows XP Home. The
professional version of JAWS 8 would have ran with any version of
Windows XP. Given how far behind I am on the upgrades it is unlikely I
will upgrade any time soon. I have actually been seriously considering
Window Eyes to avoid the constant nagging to reauthorize my version of
JAWS every time I change something on my computer.

Tim

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>