Re: JAWS & PowerPoint

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 20:28:36 -0800

Hi,
While we're on the subject of JAWS and PowerPoint, I have some questions. At the FS training page there's a tutorial for JAWS and PowerPoint. I've downloaded it and am working through the exercises. In one of those exercises, it talks about using the Slide Master in PowerPoint 2007, selecting a layout and tweaking it by clicking and dragging shapes onto a slide, the objective being to set up some content placeholders. Question 1: While in Slide Master, there's no name given to each of the possible layouts in the list. You have to select one, then tab into it to see what's in the slide layout. Can this layout list be re-classed so that the descriptions, if any, are read as you move up and down the list? Question 2: If you're selecting from an array of shapes, how do you do that, then click and drag the selection onto the slide layout? Question 3: Why would FS refer to clicking and dragging, with a mouse, no less, and provide no keyboard alternate for the procedure? Guess I'll have to find Dan Clark and ask him about that. Hmmm.

Tom