RE: JAWS On 64 Bit Version Of Windows

  • From: "Harmony Neil" <harmonylm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 12:12:41 +0100

If for example I'm trying to read e-mails and downloading qwitter updates at
the same time, or even if I'm just trying to read an e-mail, it'll just stop
speaking and I've got to wait for it to shut off completely and then start
jaws again.  Sometimes when I do restart jaws, it doesn't start correctly
because it's a very minimized window, like without any of the options menus
and stuff.
I thought it might be something to do with the sound card, but the computer
is brand new (less than a month or 2 old at the most).
My system spec is below.

Manufacturer: Acer
Model: Aspire X3300
Rating: Windows Experience Index
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 635 Processor   2.90 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 3.00 GB (2.75 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System

Hope this helps,
Harmony.