JAWS And Braille Display Users

  • From: "Mistry, Elash" <elash.mistry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:18:19 +0200

Hi All

I am using JAWS with a Braille display and do not rely on speech output at all.

Naturally, all of the issues I have to discuss are related to JAWS combined
with a Braille display.  These issues seem to be isolated from JAWS with voice
output.

Does anyone know if there is a list that is dedicated to JAWS with Braille
output? If not, would anyone be interested in joining such a list?

My view is that Freedom Scientific gives very little attention to Braille
display users as we are in the minority.  There are several bugs related to
Braille output that were not fixed in new versions despite being reported.  If
we can master the scripting language, we can sort some of these issues out on
our own.

So let me hear what you have to say.

Regards
Elash Mistry

The e-mail and attachments are confidential and intended only for selected
recipients. If you have received it in error, you may not in any way disclose
or rely on the contents. You may not keep, copy or distribute the e-mail.
Should you receive it, immediately notify the sender of the error and delete
the e-mail.Also note that this form of communication is not secure, it can be
intercepted, and may not necessarily be free of errors and viruses in spite of
reasonable efforts to secure this medium.