Re: JAWS AND SPEED FAN

  • From: "Debbie Scales" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 08:29:11 -0400

Troy you must have more than one CPU?  This is from the help system.  The
configure button is on the main page when you run speed fan, then you are on
the temperature page.  This is part of what the help says about having more
than one temperature listed, hope this helps.

We've now selected TEMP02. As you can see, we have got all the available
temperature readings that SpeedFan has detected. In the CHIP column we can
see whom the sensor belongs to. In this case we have three different chips:
one W83782D and two LM75. We can distinguish the two LM75 because of the
different ADDRESS ($48 and $49). LM75s, in this case, are actually aliases
created by the W83782D itself and we won't need them as all temperatures are
available through the W83782D itself. This is not always true. Winbonds' can
be configured in a way that actually hides the original temperature reading
from the main chip and, in such a case, we would need to access the aliased
LM75.