JAWS 9.0 and Reading Tables

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:29:40 -0800

Another problem that I'm having with JAWS 9...

One of my web sites has a table with checkmarks  in the first column. These
can be checked/unchecked to allow me to select which books I need to renew
(it's my library site).

When I tab into the table, and when I tab into the cell containing the check
box I hear "checkbox not checked" just as I would expect.

When I use Alt-Ctrl arrow navigation I hear "blank". I have to then press
Alt-Ctrl-LeftArrow again to hear the checkbox.

JAWS 8 does not have this problem.

Any ideas as to settings, etc? FS tech support could not offer any advice
except the usual to "remove JAWS and re-install".

Dave