Re: JAWS 9 and IE 7 problem

  • From: "Bobcat" <bobcat11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 20:10:04 -0700

Hi Don. I was able to hear the video. But, I had trouble with the page. My system became very sluggish while the video was running. I didn't think the virtual PC cursor was working so I went to the Jaws cursor. Surprising that I could move through all the links on that page with the Jaws cursor, and there are a lot. But, the position of the Jaws cursor hardly moved while doing this.

I thought the video was probably slowing my system down so I tried stopping it with escape which worked. Then I was able to get the virtual pc cursor working. I found some clickable volume and transport controls at the bottom of the page. Slash and shift slash would move between these clickable elements but they don't show up in the clickable elements list insert+control+slash.

See if you can find the play/pause element at the bottom of the page.

I wonder what player is being used.

At first, I thought it was bypassing the windows mixer because I couldn't adjust the volume. Then I remembered that my default sound device is the SRS Sandbox so the system sounds and videos were going through that mixer which happened to be set very low.

Bob

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Moore" <donmoore@xxxxxxxxxxx>