Re: JAWS 9 CDs

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 09:53:13 -0800

yes. That's what the bulletin I saw from FS said. Actually, I think it was
simply a message from Eric Damery on the NFB GUI-Talk list. A lot of CDs
went out defective, and replacements are being sent out now and are expected
to get to folks in seven to ten days. Meantime, of course, one can download.

But I confess that my own downloaded version didn't install properly either,
and it wasn't my fault. I know others will say they've had no problems.
Fine. Not trying to make a big statement about the quality of this release.
I'm having lots of glitchy trouble with it myself, though, and will be
bringing my troubles to FS to request help with, and feeling like a public
Beta tester  at a point when that seems a bit late in the sequence. But so
it goes. Again, this is just about me having a lot of hassles with Jaws
misbehaving on my system. It's not an announcement that these things happen
for everyone, trying to start a thread arguing about it and getting over
into that area with everyone arguing about FS's business model and so forth.
Please, please, please. Just sharing, as the expression goes.