JAWS 9 AND IE 7.0 - any incompatibilities?

  • From: "Triplett, Karen D. (Contractor)" <karen.triplett@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:49:37 -0500

Hello,

Myself and another tester have been id'ed to take over 508 testing for
an HTML application on IE 7.0.  The app has been tested in previous
releases but with IE 6.0 has the approved baseline.

We are unable to get a drop down box, populated with values to allow the
user to enter and select a value.  We are using the forms cursor, and
tabbing the field, then attempting to use the arrow keys to move through
the values.  The fields are populated with the first value in the list
which is "Select a value".

We are also having an issue with refreshed information on a page.  When
an error message displays in response to a selection, the information is
no longer being read. We are using the keystrokes to read the entire
page, and all that  is being read are the active fields and labels.
The refreshed information is consistently NOT being read on any page.

All of these functions worked in prior testing with IE 6.0 per the
documented results from the prior testing.

If not already obvious, we are very new to this testing and would
appreciate any help regarding issues we are experiencing.

Thanks!