Re: JAWS 8.0.2107 and OE

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 11:00:32 -0700

I just want to add that the solutions that may work for some of us, such as
what Loreal describes having done below, may not work for others. For
instance, I have the problem in this subject line as well as a horde of
others, and as I think I've already said, I never merge settings, never use
auto update, have totally uninstalled Jaws and cleanly downloaded and
reinstalled it, but none of this has availed. Which is why I'm spending now
a second day running through each one of the scenarios in which Jaws is
misbehaving on my system, documenting it clearly for tech support, and then
launching the same version from the Run command line with the default switch
to assure them (as I already feel assured) that it hasn't anything to do
with personal settings and so forth. In my experience, that's always been a
red herring, a misdirection, worrying about my personal settings.  But if
you wanna be a good Beta customer, you've got to jump through all these Tier
1 diagnostic ritual hoops before you can get to anyone who will treat the
problem seriously as a possible program design issue.

Now to fortify myself with another mug of coffee. Where is my FS rebate for
all this work? Oh, well, it's kind of a vacation from my regular activities,
a creative breather, sort of . Have to look at the bright side.