Re: JAWS 8.0.2107 and OE

  • From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 12:04:44 -0500

The comment by the FS tech in the message below is exactly why I never, never merge settings when I change JAWS versions. The merge may work perfectly, and when it does, it saves a lot of time restoring settings, but when it doesn't work, well, ...

Gary King

----- Original Message ----- From: "Loreal Lavigna" <Llavigna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Adrian, Cher and others: Just want to say that I'm experiencing the exact
same problem with Inbox selection speaking that you describe, and am also in the midst of trying to help FS diagnose this and a host of other defects in my Jaws of the same version, though most of my problems have happened with every version of Jaws 8 I've downloaded and installed. Just so you know that at least one other lister is playing the same game, spending the same time
with this, or even more. I would just forget Jaws 8 and call it a loss,
except I fear that if they don't get helpful feedback from the most
inconvenienced users about these issues, they'll have no chance to learn
about and rectify the problems,and things will just keep getting worse,
version after version.

Grumble, brumble.