Re: JAWS 8 and outlook express

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 11:28:45 -0800

Ordinarily, I just press the Delete key to delete an OE message.  I've never
understood why OE even offers control D for the purpose.  But in this scenario,
deleting a message while you're inside it in order to proceed to the next
message in the list view, does it make a difference in the way the process
behaves whether you press Delete or use Control D?  I don't have Jaws 8 yet, so
I don't have a clear idea of this problem.  What is your main point here-- that
you wait a couple of seconds after opening the message before you delete it,
rather than rush to delete it as soon as you hear the first few words?  Or that
you use Control D instead of the Delete key?

I hope my questions are clear.  thanks.
From: "Dana" <kitty.cat73@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I found initially JAWS 8 was fine but when I use it on outlook express and I
am reading a message I notice upon hitting the delete key I hear the word
deleted followed by the first word of the text of the new message then the
new message is read from beginning to end, however every single time I hit
the delete key I hear the first word of the next message prior to having the
message read. Anyone else experiencing this? Dana

AM