Re: JAWS 8 and Bearshare

  • From: "G.W. Cox" <gwcox2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 16:36:58 -0700

Similar to your Bear Share issue, I have an issue with Jaws 8 failing to read
the list view in RSS Reader. When version 7.1 failed to read some links lists
in IE, I made sure I kept version 7 handy. FS said it had something to do with
MSAA and I don't know what this item in "What's new for Jaws 8" means, except
they do insist on calling a problem an issue:

. The Rely on MSAA option is no longer available in the default configuration
file. This eliminates the issue where JAWS would not read some JAWS-related
list boxes under the following conditions: Rely on MSAA is checked in the
default configuration file and JAWS is running as a service.