Re: JAWS 8, OE and FS Tech Support

  • From: "Cher Bosch" <Cher.Bosch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 13:08:19 -0500

Adrian,  I just completely uninstalled 8, downloaded the full latest version
and reinstalled- with no change in the troublesome behaviors at all.  I talked
with FS tech support first, who suggested trying a repair, but JAWS would not
allow this action; so then went the total uninstall/reinstall route.  When I
showed Reginald (FS) how JAWS only reads the first column in the messages list
when the shift key is held down he *was* able to reproduce it.

Cher
Cher

>>> "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 05/07/07 2:27 PM >>>

Hi, Cher.  Yes, I have both these issues also. Again, I hope someone on this
list can evaluate FS's insistence that I delete all OE-related JAWS files.
Wouldn't we lose functionality even if the problems we're experiencing also
disappear?
From: "Freedom Scientific Technical Support" <
support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thank you for contacting Freedom Scientific technical Support. Taking you
back to default mode let me know if the issue with your user settings or in
the default settings. Once this is determined on your system, we will know
how to evaluate this issue. My previous email ask that you delete the
outlook express files. Only do this if the outlook express application still
work the same when using the /default switch.