Re: JAWS 8, OE and FS Tech Support

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 10:04:37 -0700

In the course of a phone call to FS Tech support yesterday regarding another
issue, I mentioned this behavior, which I also experience. He had never
thought about it, didn't experiment with his own computer during our
conversation, and had no idea what could make it work this way, except to
observe that these email listings are, of course, not actual lines but
columns in a table, I guess is how it's designed, and that Jaws was
obviously speaking only the From: column in each row. As if I didn't know
that.

From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Cher, do you have "show deleted messages" checked under the view,
> current view submenu?
> On Mon, 07 May 2007 09:34:02 -0500, "Cher Bosch"
> <Cher.Bosch@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>> With that same update, I'm no longer to hear the names of the messages
>> when selecting multiple messages.  JAWS reads the sender only while
>> holding down the shift key.  Is this an issue for you also?  Also, I'm
>> still hearing the deleted file read rather than the new one to take focus
>> when moving up/down the list and deleting files.
>>
>> Cher

>> I've been involved in a week-long corresponence with FS concerning the
>> problems I'm experiencing with the very latest update to JAWS 8
>> (8.0.2107).
>> First they wanted me to go to the default settings. Now they want me to
>> delete the OE files in my JAWS 8 folder. Below is a copy of my reply and
>> the
>> most recent FS suggestion. Does anyone on this list have any insight
>> incase
>> it can move this tedious process along?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> I'm confused. If I delete the OE files in the JAWS folder, won't I lose
>> any
>> useful scripts along with the ones that might be causing the problems?
>> Incidentally, I've never added user settings, other than to add entries
>> the default dictionary.

PM