Re: JAWS 8, OE and FS Tech Support

  • From: Agent86b <agent_086b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 08:38:27 +1000

Hi,
it appears that versions of Jaws after 8.0.423 can have several different problems. I think I have written before that a person I know can not install any version after 8.0.423. It completely makes his keyboard unusable. When he types a letter jaws announces a different one to what he has pressed. For example if he types W he might hear Period spoken. Apparently most of the letters are jumbled up. Tech support have suggested removing personalized settings and all the stuff that has been written before with no luck. I think he is becoming interested with the latest payment plan from GW Micro, and is considering changing to WindowEyes.
Regards,
Max.

on 03:39 12/05/2007, Cher Bosch said:
That just about cuts it for this .2107 build, doesn't it.  Let's 86 that baby!

Cher

>>> "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 05/11/07 12:41 PM >>>
Thanks. Yes, I understand about maximizing the edit field. However, having returned yesterday to the earlier 8.0.423 version of JAWS, I can now confirm that I don't get verbalized blank spots any more. It was a problem that .423 solved me and that 8.0.2107 unhappily restored, whether o not the field was maximized.