Re: JAWS 8, OE and FS Tech Support

  • From: "Cher Bosch" <Cher.Bosch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 09:34:44 -0500

Glad to hear that.  BTW, the FS guy said that if the problem with editing in OE
occurs when editing new, replys or forwards to  messages, then AutoSizer might
fix it.  He explained that even if you have OE set to open maxamized, the
message window reverts to restored, which can cause the blank spaces problem
when editing.  He said it works for him, so might be worth a try.

Cher

>>> "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 05/10/07 5:30 PM >>>

Hi, Cher. Loreal's message the other day tempted me to go through the same
process you just did with FS, but I was skeptical that it would help my
situation and now you've confirmed my suspicion. So I just now uninstalled
8.0.2107 and re-installed 8.0.423. Ted pointed out that the .exe file for that
version would be on my system because it was the first 8.X that I installed. So
far, so good. With 8.0.423, the select problem you mention here has gone. I was
also experiencing blanks in my edit fields, and I'll need to write a few
messages and do some word processing to see if it has also disappeared. But
there are no blanks in this message. Again, so far, so good. In my case, it
looks as though going backwards is the solution.

I can't emphasize how helpful the people on this list have been.  And to be
clear, I know Loreal and others were right about the solutions they found for
themselves.  The way JAWS has of acting differently on different systems needs
all this input to direct each of us to the solution that works for ours.