JAWS 8, OE and FS Tech Support

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 08:18:30 -0400

I've been involved in a week-long corresponence with FS concerning the problems I'm experiencing with the very latest update to JAWS 8 (8.0.2107). First they wanted me to go to the default settings. Now they want me to delete the OE files in my JAWS 8 folder. Below is a copy of my reply and the most recent FS suggestion. Does anyone on this list have any insight incase it can move this tedious process along?

Thanks.

I'm confused. If I delete the OE files in the JAWS folder, won't I lose any useful scripts along with the ones that might be causing the problems? Incidentally, I've never added user settings, other than to add entries to the default dictionary.