RE: JAWS 7.x running on a PC with two Intel processors?

  • From: "Blake Sinnett" <frequency660@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 17:35:52 -0500

Purchase a dongle to avoid authorization problems.

From: "feliberto Escobar III" <Beto_escobar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Reply-To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To: "JFW List Serv" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: JAWS 7.x running on a PC with two Intel processors? Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 17:11:09 -0500

Hello Everyone:

I do not know if the topic I am sending has been written of previously,
and as a result, if it has, please bear with me!   Let me begin by
mentioning what my agency is doing, prior to my question, this coming
Saturday, May 20, 2006.

I am in the middle of starting my own 501 [c] [3], in San Antonio,
Texas, entitled ACCESS San Antonio, Inc.  We offer Live Audio
Description, at various venues, to the blind and visually impaired in
this area.  We will be audio describing the musical, "The Lion King",
this coming Saturday, May 20, 2006 at the Majestic Theatre; the 7:00 PM
performance!

Never the les, as a result of me beginning a non profit agency, I wish
to purchase a new PC, but with two (02) Intel processors, in the mother
board.  I was just told by a friend of mine, who knows a lot about PC's,
that having two processors on one PC **can** make applications unstable?
Is this correct?  If this is true, than, I may have some problems with
running JAWS 7.x?  Is this correct?  If so, what can a JAWS 7.0 user do
to make JAWS 7.x stable in an environment running under two Intel
processors?

I am asking this question to the Freedom Scientific technical support
team as well.  Please respond as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Beto Escobar III, LMSW
CEO ACCESS San Antonio, Inc.
(210) 393-3524