Re: JAWS 64-bit Public Beta Has Gone Live

  • From: "Bruce Toews on an Unspecified Input Device" <Bruce@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 08:56:54 -0600

I cannot yet speak from experience. Assuming my computer has a 64-bit
processor, I do want to get 64-bit Vista when I can afford it, but at
the moment I'm still using 32-bit Vista list most of us. From what I've
heard, there will be little by way of performance changes offered by the
64-bit Vista. The primary advantage is that apparently many business
environments are insisting on 64-bit operating systems, and also it is
almost impossible to find a new computer with 32-bit Vista installed.
Also, I believe the three point whatever-it-was gig memory barrier has
been broken as well.
Bruce

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 07:52:23 -0700, "james hooper" <james52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
said:
> hey bruce just off the top of your head<grin>  is their much of a
> performance difference betwwen 32 and 64?s

  Bruce Toews
  dogriver@xxxxxxxx