JAWS 6.2 Not Reading Menus When Using Up and Down Arrow keys

  • From: "Ray Campbell" <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 16:38:18 -0500

Hello All:

I got a call today from someone running JAWS 6.2 on a Windows XP Home
Edition machine.  When he tries accessing menus such as the view menu in
Outlook Express and others, he doesn't hear anything when pressing the
up and down arrow keys.  I've suggested he call FS about this, but I
also wanted to post a question here to see if anyone had ideas of why
he's not hearing anything when arrowing up and down the menus.  I know
there is a fix for this, but I can't remember how to do it.

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)