RE: JAWS 6.1 Update is Posted

  • From: Bill <bill.cam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 01:34:54 -0500

rose not going to go into how to use window eyes, after all this is not the
right place.

can say that your comments clearly indicate how little you no about win eyes.

especially the comment its harder to adjust than jfw is.

jfw scripting language is  much harder to learn and make adjustments to
than a screen reader designed around windows and triggers.

its also the reason i prefer jfw.

scripting allows the ability to set up multi parameters to trigger speech,
thus giving one the exact info they need and no extra verbage.

personally i would like a screen reader that does both.
if jfw had a complete set of window and trigger options for every day folks
to make adjustments it would be the ultimant.

unfortunately neither does.
jfw has some limittted ability to read a frame, but very limitted.

plus its not tied to the scripting so that one can use both together.

i was hoping that with the release of 32 bit windows and apts running in
extended memory with no memory limitations like dos had that
a screen reader would combine the 2.

still waiting on that one.

bill
p s for me if i have to choose between the two options i would pick scripting.
still the ease of windows and triggers is some thing i miss from my dos days.