Re: JAWS 6.1 Update is Posted

  • From: "Gene" <guystevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 04:13:50 -0400

As my last post on this threat let me say that most of you act as if Jaws
were written just for you, it wasn't. It was created to allow a vast
majority of blind users the chance to use a computer to perform every day
tasks. Most of the complaints I've seen are about synths, so use eloquence,
or how it reacts with highly specialized software that isn't used by many
people. Some of the others are probably caused by incorrect or incompatible
hardware configurations. In the few cases where they are legitimate
complaints they are fixed with work arounds. As for the rest... I'd be
willing to bet that over ninety percent of the Jaws users have little or no
trouble using the software as it is. Like it or not that is a pretty good
percentage for an off the shelf package.

As for SF's attitude... these minor bitches and gripes that they constantly
deal with may be a big reason for that.

Gene