RE: JAWS 5.0 and Word 2003 disaster

  • From: "Edward Marquette" <emarquette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:48:04 -0600

Sounds pretty disastrous.  I have two suggestions:
1.  Go to the View Menu with Alt Plus V.  Then, hit the letter "T" for
tool bars.  Be sure only standard and formatting are checked.  I have
found that having some other tool bars checked drives JAWS nuts,
especially the borders and tables tool bar.
2.  Sounds like a serious video problem.  Be sure you have the latest
drivers loaded.  In connection with video issues, you might try JAWS
4.5, which is far, far superior to 5.0 when it comes to video issues.
FS seems to have broken something in 5.0, making MS Word, especially,
problematic to use.
JAWS 4.5, however, is a peach.

Ed Marquette
930 West 34th St.