RE: JAWS 5 and Word 2002

  • From: "Heeru Chandnani" <heeru.chandnani@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:56:49 +0530

Thanks so much.

Heeru

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Cy
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 10:45 AM
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: JAWS 5 and Word 2002

Let's try this again. This is the third time I have tried to get my
words together so they make some semblance of sense. Every memory
position in the computer is capable of storing 1 character of data. Each
memory position is composed of two digits. Depending on the numbering
scheme used by the architecture of the computer  the value of each of
the digits can be from 0 to the hexadecimal character f. Each of the
values from 00 to ff has some particular character, number or symbol
associated with it. 00 is usually considered a 'null' or valueless
character. If you ask for the ANSI value of 'a' you will find it is 97,
'b' is 98 and so on up the alphabet. Notice that the small letter 'a'
(97) has a different value than does the capital letter 'A' which is 65
The value of the numeric character '1' is 49 and, to further confuse the
issue, the value of the character '0' is 40. Ever wonder how the
computer is able to do a sort? It is simply arranging data in the
ascending or descending value of the memory locations it was instructed
to arrange. A great number of the possible values have no recognizable
visual representation associated with them and do not show up. If
something is really haywire and you can't see the problem you could ask
JAWS to tell you the absolute value of that character and it might give
you a real hint as to what the problem might be. Some of the possible
characters have a universal value which everyone a long time ago agreed
will cause the computer to do a particular thing. These characters are
not viewable and you have no idea why the data suddenly quit until you
determine the absolute value and discover that the last character you
saw was the 'end of data' character which told the computer to quit
transmitting or storing data for that record. Okay, someone else take it
from here. CYS...----Original Message-----
From: "Cy" <cselfridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:32:42 -0600

Michel,
  I think it may be a Word 2002/JAWS 5.0 problem. I now use Word XP and
was surprised at getting the ANSI character set on pressing the '5' key
three times. CYS...w

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat

To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to =