JAWS 12 & Scanner Recommendations Help

  • From: "Dave Mitchell" <mitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JAWS Help" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 06:56:48 -0700

Greetings All:  I have an old HP5P scanner. Someone else hooked it up a long
time ago.  It is a little flatbed model but ever since I turned it off some
time ago, my Open Book demo cannot find it and my feeble efforts to reinstall
it have naturally failed.

I am curious about current available models and the price range as well as
simplicity of installation and other hints and tips for getting something
current.  I think there are combination units out there but, for now, the free
standing printer I use is working.

I may get some help to reinstall my old scanner but thought I would take the
occasion of this situation to quiz the list members about current scanner
technology.  Many thanks, Mitch
"It is to be remarked that a good many people are born curiously unfitted for
the fate waiting them on this earth."
Joseph Conrad