JAWS 11 and Outlook 2003 Problem

  • From: Ray Campbell <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 20:41:52 +0000

Hello All:

I've got a client who is running JAWS 11 with MS Outlook 2003.  We've got a
problem in the Outlook Contacts folder.

When I arrow up and down in the contacts folder, JAWS isn't saying the person's
name on each contact.  I have switched the view in contacts folder to Phone
List and this doesn't help.

Any ideas?  My client is running Windows XP Professional.  I did have to mess
with some of the display settings to correct another problem she was having,
where JAWS was reading display property information when she was trying to type
a new e-mail message in outlook.  I set the display theme to Windows XP, screen
resolution to 100% (1280 by 1024) and color quality to highest (32-bit).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ray Campbell, Adaptive Technology Help Desk Technician
The Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312.997.3651 (Voice/Relay) or 888.825.0080 (Voice/Relay)
ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.thechicagolighthouse.org

Alternative archives located at: