Re: JAWS 11 & Laptop Shopping / PC or Mac

  • From: "Peter Holdstock" <peterholdstock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 18:10:25 +0100

I use both and in fact the laptop version of the JAWS keyboard layout is easier
than desktop and I recall that FS used to sometimes recommend people using the
laptop layout anyway. One main benefit is that the caps lock acts as the JAWS
insert key, and to use it as a caps lock key you just press it twice. It
actually works much easier as you don't have to move your keys off the keyboard
whilst typing.

You may know that on a laptop the keys on the right side of the main keyboard
can act as a number keypad, with the J key being number 4. And thus with the
INSERT key pressed you can then use that part of the keyboard to control jaws
as you would with a number keypad.

Hope that makes sense.

Peter