JAWS 10.0.1154 & line selection with Word2003

  • From: "Bill White" <billwhite92701@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 11:23:48 -0700

I just updated to JAWS 10.0.1154, and now find that line selection with
shift+Down Arrow is broken, selecting only part of lines.

When I called FS technical support, they suggested that I wait and upgrade to
JAWS 11 when it is released.  In the meantime, my use of Word is less than
satisfactory, and there is no guarantee that a bug fix will be released, since
version 11 will soon be released.  There seems to be a total lack of motivation
on F. S. part to fix the problem, since it will be more lucrative for them to
suggest that customers pay to upgrade to the new release.

I have made my opinion known via telephone, and have written to
suggestions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have enjoyed JAWS, but feel that it is unfair for those of us who may not be
able to upgrade to be left with an unpatched product.

Thank you.
Bill White billwhite92701@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx