JAWS 10 and headers are killing me

  • From: Jyotsna Kaki <jyotsnakaki@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 11:04:03 -0800

Is anyone else facing the same issue or is it only me:

If the page has the following sections headers (in the same order),
h1, h2, h2, h2, h3, h4
With previous versions of JAWS if I pressed the 4 key when the cursor
focus was set to the top of the page, it would jump to the h4 however,
with JAWS 10, if I press the 4 key, it tells me that there are no
headings on the page. However, if I press the h key, I can then jump
between the different headings. It is taking me too long to get to
certain headings with JAWS 10. Is this a bug in JAWS 10 or an
intentional feature?