JAWS 10 - Auto forms mode

  • From: "Peter Holdstock" <peterholdstock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 22:37:33 +0100

Hi, I love the new auto forms mode. However I find it annoying when sometimes
it will automatically go in to auto forms mode when you first load up a site.
For example EBay or other sites were there is a search box or username field,
and the website is designed to put you straight to either of the boxes. JAWS
then switches to forms mode as soon as the page has loaded (sometimes even
whilst it's loading), and then you can't use your navigation quick keys to move
around the page, without having to press down arrow first to get out of forms
mode.

I'd like to have it so that JAWS wont go in to auto forms mode in situations
were the website automatically puts you in an edit field.

Anybody else have any comments on this?

Peter